Five Stones Hostel, Singapore
Posted on 26 Dec 11, 9:31pm
- 39 comments
- 3619 views
+65 65355607 | www.fivestoneshostel.com/
Directions: By Train : The subway in Singapore, known as the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) system, is the most efficient and affordable mode of travel. Five Stones Hostel is within walking distance of 2 major MRT lines, so getting around the island couldn’t be easier. From Changi Airport to Raffles Place MRT (East West Line) – Travel Time 30mins + 10 mins walk to FSH The Changi Airport MRT station is located in the basement of either Terminal 2 or 3 of the airport. Board the train heading towards Tanah Merah. At Tanah Merah station, alight and board the train heading to Joo Koon station from Platform B (East West Line). Alight at Raffles Place MRT. Look out for EXIT G. Walk along Chulia Street and North Canal Road, turn right at the South Bridge Road junction, look out for our tall grey building directly at the junction of South Bridge Road and Hong Kong Street. From Changi Airport to Clarke Quay MRT (North East Line) - Travel Time 35 mins + 3 mins walk to FSH The Changi Airport MRT station is located in the basement of either Terminal 2 or 3 of the airport. Board the train heading towards Tanah Merah. At Tanah Merah station, alight and board the train heading to Joo Koon station from Platform B (East West Line). Alight at Outram Park MRT and follow the directions to the North East line platform to board the train towards Punggol. Alight at Clarke Quay MRT station. Look out for EXIT E, you will find yourself in Central Mall. Use the overpass to cross to New Bridge road. Follow the direction of traffic and you will see the junction to Carpenter Street. Turn left into Carpenter Street. Walk to the end of Carpenter Street and turn right along South Bridge Road. When you come to the junction of Hong Kong Street, the hostel will be right across the street from you. By Bus : Five Stones Hostel is located on a key downtown bus route and you are able to board a number of buses from the bus stop located right at our door step. Bus Services Available 51, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 166, 174, 174E, 197, 851, 961 Key destinations: Harbourfront / Vivocity / Sentosa Bus Service: 61, 145, 166 (20 minutes ) Chinatown Bus Service: 63, 851, 961 (8 minutes) Holland Village Bus Service: 61 (40 minutes) Night Riders (which operate from midnight till 6am) NR5, NR6, NR7, NR8, NR1, NR2, NR3, 1N, 2N, 3N, 4N, 5N, 6N By Car / Taxi : If you prefer comfort and speed, simply hop on to a taxi at Changi Airport. Let the friendly taxi uncle take you to “61 South Bridge Road, near Hong Kong Street”. Beware though, taxi rides from the airport will cost you anything between S$20-S$35, depending on when you board, due to various surcharges for peak periods and electronic road pricing (ERP) surcharges. If you really must take a taxi, we advise you to avoid rush hours between 730am-9am, as well as 6pm-8pm. Fares after 1130pm come with late night surcharges ranging from 30%-50%. For drivers, street parking along Carpenter Street and Hong Kong Street is available at approximately S$1.00 per 30 mins. Carpark coupons will need to be displayed on your dashboard. By Airport Transfer Service : A 2 way Airport Transfer service for our guests at just S$15. To book the airport transfer services, please fill up the airport transfer request form. Advance booking of 3 days in advance is required. No minimum pax required. Pickup counter is located at Changi Aiport Terminal 2 Asia Travel Booth (map). Service is for flight ETA/ETD between 0700 hours – 2300 hours only. Payment of S$15 in cash is to be paid to Five Stones Hostel upon check-in. For no shows at the airport, the full cancellation charge applies Operating Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM (Monday to Sunday) – 3 mins to Clarke Quay MRT and less than 10 mins to Raffles Place MRT / Chinatown MRT. Minimize travel time and costs in Singapore!
Cleanliness – Hostel is brand new. They use the Samsung Virus doctor to keep you healthy by removing viruses, fungi, and allergens from the air you breathe.
Room / Bedding - Themed rooms that are decorated to showcase different aspects of Singapore’s heritage and culture. All rooms are fully air-conditioned with top-grade orthopaedic 8-inch spring mattress, warm snugly quilts and firm hypoallergenic pillows.
Say goodbye to backaches & can have a nice and relaxed sleep.
Connection - Free unlimited WIFI in all rooms. 2 desktop PC's with internet. Headsets & Webcams for video chat. Printing / Scanning (fees apply).
What special about this "HOSTEL" compare to others -
1. Individual reading lights at each bed.
- I still can carry on with my reading even while all of my room mates is sleeping in the dark.
2. Free breakfast - cereals and milk, toast and jam. (Free Nasi Lemak breakfast on Tuesdays).
- I'm so surprise about this. Never get free breakfast in Hostels before. Although it's just a simple breakfast but I really enjoyed it.
3. All day FREE coffee, tea, Milo and drinking water.
- This is great. I love coffee, I love tea and I love Milo.
4. Free use of microwave.
- Leftover no worries.
5. Free same-day luggage storage till 9pm.
- It's so convenient for us. After check-out at 12noon we just left our luggage there and went for shopping again and after finished shopping just go and collect our luggage back.
6. 40″ flat screen TV equipped with DVD player and Nintendo Wii.
- Don't like sopping? Ok, just stay here and have fun.
7. Free shampoo and shower foam provided.
- I don't have to bring my own shampoo & shower foam. Less heavy luggage.
8. Free use of washer & dryer and iron & hairdryers.
- Lucky have this for my long thick hair or I'll stay up all night waiting for my hair to dry.
9. Security Lockers with in-built locks.
- Each bed has it's own personal locker. No sharing. This locker is spacey. I can put all my things in here. Even my clothes.
10. modern new lift that will bring you directly up to every floor.
- so you don’t have to trudge up flights of steps after a long day of touring with your luggage/backpack!
Perfect 10 !
Stay at this hostel for a night and I just feel like home. I feel that I can just stay inside this hostel without going out. It's all there. Furthermore the receptionist are all very friendly and helpful. They speak good English and Madarin too.
The location is perfect for us because very near to MRT. Food and shopping is not a problem.
Check for rates of Five Stones Hostel here :
Date of stay: December 2011I would recommend this hotel or accommodation for: Budget travellers, Business travellers, Couples, Family with kids, Group of friends, Singles, Whole familyTags: Clean, Hostels, Backpackers, Budget