MATTA Fair 2010 - Travel Packages and Tips
MATTA Fair 2010
which will be on 12-14th March is the place to looks for all sorts of travel packages, holiday deals, cheap flight tickets and everything travel. I had already made a general posting about the MATTA Fair 2010 - 12-14 March
explaining in general about Malaysia's Travel Fair.
In this Matta Fair 2010
article, I will focus more on the travel packages
or holiday packages
that are offered by the various tour companies in Malaysia and those overseas countries like Korea, China, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, Indonesia and more. Highlights are what to look out for.Matta Fair 2010 Buyers Contest and Promotions
Matta Fair is also running a contest for all buyers where you have a chance to win RM20,000
worth of Travel Vouchers
as the grand prize. There is also a RM5,000
worth of Travel Vouchers for grams in the Buy Domestic Packages Contest. Please inquire about this once you are there.
One of the major banks, EON Bank Group
is also running a special promotion where EON Bank Credit Card Holders will have a VIP access lane
into the Matta Fair 2010. Card holders may bring one guest with them and when you spend RM500 with your card at the fair, you would receive instant rewards from the EON Bank Booth.
Airbus A380 travel packages are available tooTravel Packages at Matta Fair 2010
The first thing you should know is that there are almost 900 booths at the Matta Fair 2010 and the travel fair is spread over the weekend of three days from 12th to 14th March 2010. So, here are some Going To Matta Fair Tips
- If possible, visit Matta Fair for all 3 days - This is so you can take your time and slowly pick & choose what you are looking for.
- If not, try to visit at least the first and third day - First day offers sometimes are a bonus while on the last day, travel agents may throw in additional bonuses with your package or slice prices to close sales.
- Go early to avoid the large crowds - Seriously, you WANT to avoid the crowd, especially looking for parking.
- Go on Friday Morning - Go about 11am before the lunch crowd comes.
- Go on Friday Afternoon - Go after lunch as many would be back to work.
I have been following some of the Travel Agents prices in the Star Newspaper
and already before the Matta Fair, some of them are coming out with attractive travel packages and offers. A few of them off my head would be:
- Buy One Free One Travel Package
- Travel Package with Easy Payment Schemes via Credit Card with 0% interest
- Buy a Holiday Package and WIN Prizes
Some airline packages from FireFly
are quite attractive as they are offering Family Packages and also single packages. You also have a chance to win some Blackberry Smartphones, Malaysia Airline and FireFly Tickets, Adidas Merchandise, Chronotech Watches, Hotels Stays, Dinner and Spa vouchers and more from FireFly. Below are the highlighted FireFly Packages
- Langkawi Family Package 3D/2N at Langkasuka Resort for only RM799
- Koh Samui Spa Package 3D/2N for RM649 per pax
- Medan Lake Toba Fullboard Package at RM399 per pax
are also working with various travel agents to offer special airfares and promotions so keep an eye out for them. some of the airline tickets are starting from;
- RM250 to Bali, Indonesia
- RM313 to Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- RM649 to Perth, Australia
- RM719 to Maldives
- RM829 to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Ground Packages are also on offer with travel company MASholidays. Some of the ground packages on sale are;
- Bangkok 3D/2N at RM264 per person
- Bali 4D/3N at RM424
- Gold Coast Australia 4D/3N at RM816
to Madina and Mecca
for 14D/12N are also offered by MAS Holidays at RM5,600 per person.
Travel attire and apparels on sale at Matta FairWhat to look out for at MATTA Fair 2010
When you browse through all the fliers and brouchers being handed out at the fair, it would be wise to read the FINE PRINT on the travel packages. Because the price looks unbelievable, there is some catch always. It could be:
- Ground Package Pricing only
- Flight Ticket only
- Valid during of peak times
- No travel during School Holidays or Weekends
- Travel Package Purchase with Purchase
- Minimum group purchases
Tour Agents and Travel Companies at Matta Fair 2010
Always check with the relative agent about any Hidden Costs
involved in your travel packages. Before you pay, ask the agent if that is exactly the amount you are paying and ask about Airport Taxes, Baggage Tipping, Tour Bus Tips and so on while on holidays.
Various travel packages at the Matta Fair
There a quite a number of large and small travel companies participating so as I mentioned, you would want to take your time to visit all the booths and see what travel discounts they are offering. DO NOT be easily fooled into signing up for the first package that seems reasonable. It is their job to convince you to buy the packages and sometimes, you can ask for additional items in your package if the deal doesn't sound right. A list of travel company with the websites are at the end of this article.What else is there at Matta Fair 2010?
The upcoming travel packages targeted to Muslim Travelers where Muslim Packages, Muslim Tours and Halal Packages are being offered to various countries. One of the popular packages are the Korea Muslim Package which includes sightseeing, halal meals and prayer times looked after. An example of this would be a 6D/4N Korea Package for RM3,100.
Popular Muslim Packages to China, Korea, Indonesia, Middle East and even Europe sell quite well so inquire at the Matta Fair for these specialty travel packages.
Well, anything and everything Travel Related will be there. You will be surprised to see all kinds of booths too. Performances during peak hours by celebrities or singers may even make appearances. Below is a list of possible participants at the fair;
Travel package cheating cases at Matta Fair
- Travel Magazines like Gaya Travel, Senses, Escape, Travelution, Chinese Magazines and more.
- Travel Insurance
- Cultural Shows by respective countries
- Hotels and Resorts Promotions and Packages
- Food and Beverage from groups or hotels
- Tourism Offices by countries like Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia
- Travel Attire or Apparels
- Travel Accessories like Digital Cameras, DSLR, GPS, Bags and other items.
Budget Airlines around Southeast Asia;Hotel Booking Websites;Travel Agents and Companies to check out at Matta Fair;PWTC Telephone Number and Contact Information:
Recently there was a case in the media about a group of people getting cheated after purchasing packages from one of the travel agents at the last Matta Fair 2009. Until today, the so called manager or boss of the travel agent is avoiding the people. You can read about this Travel Package Cheating Case from Matta Fair
. It would be my best advice to book your travel or holiday packages from reputable travel agents and tour companies. Sometimes looking for te best possible deal at Matta Fair can turn out to be a nightmare.
If you encounter any problems with any tour companies or travel agents, you are advised to call Matta at 03-9287 6881 or lodge a complaint online at the official MATTA Website
More information about the MATTA Fair 2010 12-14 March at PWTC Kuala Lumpur
in my other article.
Some of the costumed girls at the Matta Fair
Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC)
41, Jalan Tun Ismail, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: (603) 2614 6999
Fax: (603) 404 33777
Toll Free: 1800-880-448 (Reservations only)
Website for PWTC Kuala Lumpur
Map to MATTA Fair at PWTC Kuala Lumpur
View PWTC Kuala Lumpur in a larger map
To get to the Matta Fair in PWTC
, please refer to my other Matta Fair 2010
~ David Jr