MATTA Fair 2010 Promotions and Deals - Day 1
Matta Fair 2010 at PWTC
today (12th March, Day 1) was incredibly crowded when I arrived at about 11am in the morning. Initially I was to take the LRT to the Matta Fair but I got in touch with my buddy Wilson
where he picked me up and we ended up leaving the car at the valet parking at The Mall opposite the PWTC or Seri Pacific Hotel. This article will give you my personal experience on what I encountered at the Matta Fair in Kuala Lumpur.
Various gimmicks to grab attention
When you arrive at the entrance to the PWTC, you will be greeted by Reliance Travel
which is one of the biggest travel companies occupying a very large area. This is right next to the Seri Pacific Hotel
and there is a hive of activities going on with catchy methods to attract the Matta Fair crowd before they go in. Surprisingly AirAsia
or Malaysian Airlines
did not participate at this Matta Fair 2010 with their own booths but most of the travel agents were seen running travel promotions with the respective airlines.
The long line to buy tickets at Matta Fair
Arriving at the main hall where you purchase your tickets (RM3.00 per person/kids under 12 free
), the line was really long. They had about 12 counters selling tickets and each counter had about 30-40 people in line. Mind you that this was about 11.30am.
I remember reading that EON Bank
had a promotion which entitled bank card holders VIP access to the travel fair so Wilson
had one of their credit cards, but when we approached the EON easy access lane, we were told that the credit card needs to be an EON Matta Fair Credit Card
while his was just a normal card so back to the line it was for the both of us.
You are given a coloured wristband to wear during the fair and a bag with the official Matta Newspaper and a Spa Voucher worth RM100 at one of the local spas. The bag is much better tan last years design and trust me, you will need one to store all those travel package brouchers and fliers you collect along the way.
Sabah Tourism's catchy booth
Getting into the Matta Fair 2010 via the main hall 1, the first thing I noticed was Sabah Tourism's
booth which was very nicely decorated to attract much attention. There were about 16 travel companies from Sabah Borneo who were promoting Eco-Tourism, Nature, Wildlife, Islands and Diving Packages around Sandakan and Tawau in East Coast Sabah. Each package you buy will also land you with a nice cute gift from Sabah Tourism.
Interesting Honeymoon/Island packages by Club MedClub Med Holiday Packages
were even more interesting this time around with their Buy 1 Free 1 promotion. The one that caught my attention was the Club Med Maldives Promotion
at RM1,600 per person and Club Med Albion Mauritius going at RM3,145 inclusive of flight per person. This deal is only available at the Matta Fair so you need to purchase it there. So if you have been waiting for that Honeymoon Holiday Package
or Romantic Holiday
, check out Club Med's booth here. Below are some of the deals offered by Club Med;
- Club Med Bintan 5D/4N at RM2,400 for TWO Adults
- Club Med Bali 5D/4N at RM2,552 for TWO Adults
- Club Med Phuket 5D/4N at RM2,640 for TWO Adults
- Club Med Cherating 5D/4N at RM2,860 for TWO Adults
- Club Med Maldives 5D/4N at RM3,200 for TWO Adults
- Club Med Mauritius 5D/3N at RM6,290 for TWO Adults inclusive Air Tickets!
Crowd at Hall 2 and 3 at Matta Fair 2010 - Day 1Matta Fair 2010
in Malaysia is the main travel fair which is held twice a year and without fail, I will visit this place to catch up on travel deals as I frequently travel around the region. With this, I will let the pictures speak for themselves with highlights on what I saw.
Prices slashed even on the first day of Matta Fair 2010! Popular destinations on sale China packages on promotionMatta Fair Promotions to check out;
There were also three more countries who made their first appearances at the Matta Fair 2010 which are Uzbekistan, Syria and Yemen. this brings the total of countries participating to 25.
- Tickets to London and London Packages were quite popular that AirAsia X now flies there so prices are pretty decent so shop around when you are there. I saw a London Hotel Package going for RM799 4D/3N.
- Hong Kong Disneyland Packages are still very popular. Hong Kong and Macau Packages as well.
- Thailand Packages were very impressive with a very large booth in Hall 3. Krabi Packages were being promoted heavily.
- Indonesia Packages are always a big hit with many various destinations to choose from. Bali Packages are always the favourite while Borobudur Packages we being promoted. I did overhead locals asking about Bandung Packages while Medan Packages and Lake Toba Packages were common. A Jakarta/Bandung Package was around RM888 for 5D/4N while a 4D Bali Hard Rock Hotel Package with flight was going at RM1019.
- Abu Dhabi Packages was a newcomer as AirAsia started to fly to the Middle East in 2009. They had a huge area with good information and gifts. Check out the Abu Dhabi booth in Hall 3 when you are there .
- China Packages are always the best sellers at any Matta Fair with almost every travel agent selling them. The selection is incredible with Guilin Packages for 8 Days going at RM1,499. Jiangnan, Tianjin, Kunming, Shandong, Xiamen, Hangzhou, Chengdu and Guangxi are popular China Packages to check. Shanghai Packages were seen at RM899 per person with Malaysia Airline Flights.Seriously, if you love visiting China, go there to get the best China deals.
- Australia Packages were equally as interesting with promotions throughout Australia. The Australian Booth at Matta was even bigger than last year. I saw Perth Packages, Tasmania Packages and also North West Australian Packages being promoted. Each district had their own table with excellent promotional information. If you plan to visit Australia, this is a great time to get information on Australia.
- New Zealand Packages have always been interesting as they constantly promote Nature Packages, Adventure Packages and Eco-Tourism Packages. The New Zealand booth is also very catchy with black and green colours in Hall 3. A Drive Around New Zealand Package was about RM1,533 for 8D/7N inclusive car rental.
- Korea Packages are not to be missed here as it is quite popular with many agents selling them at Matta Fair. Jeju Island Packages and Seoul Packages dominate the promotions while Everland Packages are being promoted. Everland is something like Disneyland.
- Japan Packages have always been looked by many people but it can be expensive. They are in Hall 3 with good information. However, packages are mostly a week long which include multiple places like Tokyo, Hokkaido, Kyoto, Mount Fuji and a few other places which make up the trip.
- Syria and Jordan Packages were something new to consider if you wanted something different. check out their booth while there. A 12 Day Syria and Jordan Package will cost RM5,988 full board.
- Europe Packages are also popular to the middle and upper income patrons here. A 10 day Central Europe Package is going for RM5,388 while a 9 day Greece Package is about RM6,988 and a 9 day Italy Package at RM4,888.
- Africa Packages were also being sold as the highlight were the FIFA World Cup 2010 is being held there this year. I saw a package with World Cup Tickets included and for 5 nights going for about RM13,865.
- Russia Packages were something I hardly saw last year and they had a 9 Day Russia Package going for RM5,588 including places in Russia like St. Petersburg, Tver and Moscow. If you are up for something different, take a look at some of these travel packages to Russia.
- India and Nepal Packages were also seen in Hall 3 with interesting trips to various places. An 8 day Nepal Package at around RM2,988.
- Bhutan and Lhasa Packages were also something promoted at the Matta Fair this year. a 9 Day Bhutan Package was seen at RM8,588.
Muslim Tours/Packages on sale at Matta Fair
Muslim Packages/Tours or Halal Packages are one of the new comers at Matta Fair with promotions all around the world. Most travel agents and companies would have these Muslim Packages & Tours and some of them include;
- Europe Muslim Package 10 days at RM6,500
- Moscow Muslim Package 9 days at RM7,900
- Morocco Muslim Package 10 days at RM6,500
- Kunming Muslim Tour 5D/4N at RM1,886
- Beijing Muslim Package 5D/4N at RM1,428
- Hong Kong Muslim Tour 6D/5N at RM488 (Ground Only)
- Cambodia Muslim Package 3D/2N at RM280 (Ground Only)
- Chiang Mai Muslim Package 4D/3N at RM777 (Ground Only)
- Umrah Packages to Jeddah for 13D/10N starting at RM5,400
Russia Packages on sale at Matta Fair
Cruise Packages were also on sale with Royal Caribbean offering 10% discount on all cruise package booking from 12 to 14th March. a 5 Night Shanghai-Fukuoak-Busan-Shanghai Cruise Package onboard Legend Of The Seas dated 10th June was going from RM1,400 for interior category to RM2,280 for balcony category per person/twin sharing.
Air Tickets or Airfares on sale Drum performers during the Matta Fair Promoter girls at Matta Fair FireFly Holidays being extra busy at Matta Fair Costumed characters promoting Korea Everland Patrons wait patiently for their turn to inquire about travel packages Some of the popular travel booths with tons of people waiting their turnTravel Agents and Companies to check out at Matta Fair;PWTC Telephone Number and Contact Information:
This concludes my first day visit to the Matta Fair 2010 in Malaysia which is undoubtedly the most popular travel fair in Malaysia and the region. I always have a fun time during the fair and always want to be updated with the travel industry. If you have never visited the fair, I suggest you give it a try as it is worth the experience and probably you may walk home with a dream holiday or just a get away trip.
The next MATTA Fair 2010 will probably be around September 2010 and this one is even more popular because of the year end. Held at the same place, PWTC as well. If you are from up north Malaysia, check out the Perak/Ipoh Matta Fair details at the end of this article.
Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC)
41, Jalan Tun Ismail, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: (603) 2614 6999
Fax: (603) 404 33777
Toll Free: 1800-880-448 (Reservations only)
Website for PWTC Kuala Lumpur
Map to MATTA Fair at PWTC Kuala Lumpur
View PWTC Kuala Lumpur in a larger map
Perak Matta Fair 2010 or Perak Travel Matta Fair is also going on from 12-14 March 2010 with 53 booths so those from the northern region can also visit Ipoh for this travel fair.
- Location is at the Leong Wan Chin Hall at SMJK Perempuan on Jalan Tuanku Bainun (formally Jalan Kampar).
- Opening and closing time for Saturday and Sunday will be 10am to 10pm.
- Admission is FREE.
- For more details, you can call the secretariat office at 05-2431450 or 012-5754039.
Some Matta Fair 2010 related articles;Read my other Matta Fair articles;Malaysia Travel Fairs - Other travel fairs around MalaysiaJohor Travel Fair 2010Cuti-cuti 1 Malaysia Travel Fair in Johor Bahru
Date: 27th-28th March 2010
Place: Johor Bahru City Square
Time: 10am to 10pm
~ David Jr