Don’t we all just love travelling to the beach?
Everyone loves to head out to an island of paradise but not all of us enjoy the packing process. Well, there’s an easy way to pack for a beach holiday as we list down all your beach necessities and some neat tricks to overcome the risk of packing too much (or worst, not packing enough).
Believe it or not, you can actually travel without having to check-in your luggage when flying to a beach destination. Not checking in your baggage can save you a lot of time and money. Also once you reach your destination you’re able to bypass the baggage claim area and get right on your way to some fun in the sun. The tips and video below are all you need to pack wisely for that perfect beach holiday!
What you will need
What clothes to bring
1. A sturdy hand carry luggage. Remember to find out the maximum size and weight for hand carry luggage as some airlines vary in the requirements. So best to visit the airline website and check under their FAQs to confirm the details.
2. Clear plastic bags or Ziploc bags
3. Rubber bands
4. Plastic container bottles for liquid items
5. Luggage tags and a combination padlock (more on how to make your luggage safer
1. Plan your clothes according to the number of days you will be on holiday. Try to choose synthetic fabrics as it easily dries when it’s wet.
2. You can reuse trousers so just bring two pairs that you can pair with most of your tops. Shorts are good for the beach as you can wear them on and off the beach.
3. Two pairs of swimwear- make sure you feel confident in them.
4. A sarong
5. Waterproof sandals or flip-flops
6. If you think it may rain, bring a windbreaker (which doubles as a sweater for chilly nights as well).
Health and Beauty
How do I fit all these into one hand carry?
1. If you will be packing your shampoo or any other liquids, be sure to fill them in plastic container bottles. Another option would be to purchase travel size toiletries. Any kinds of liquids, gels and aerosols should be no more than 100 ml per item for hand luggage.
2. Choose disposable items such as toothbrush and shaver that you can use and throw away. This will allow you to save space and allow for new purchases later on.
3. Ladies, take very little make up with you- moisturizer and waterproof mascara should be sufficient.
4. Sun block is a must! So pack one together with any prescriptions and medications for the trip (no one wants a beach holiday that turns sour because you’ve fallen sick).
5. As you’ll be mostly at the beach, you will need very little in the way of accessories. So bring minimal accessories and jewelry.
Don’t fall sick on your beach holiday, come prepared!
1. Adapters and battery chargers should accompany you on the beach trip. It would be such a shame if your camera battery dies and you’re not able to charge it to capture more photos.
2. If you think you’ll need it, pack one beach towel in your bag.
3. Bring an extra tote bag to carry all your must-haves with you to the beach.
Now that you have everything you’ll need for the beach, you can start packing everything into your hand carry luggage. We hope you enjoy this travel video guide
Happy Holidays, everyone!