Baked Shalom some of her fave "Goodnight Cookies". Some good home made goodness in her treats without any preservatives, colouring or artificial flavouring.
Simple and easy to make and it's quite yummy for humans too. A wee like our bread sticks.
Preparation time including baking is about 45 minutes.
200g cod fish (or chicken meat)
125ml olive oil
170ml cold water (or meat broth if you're using meat)
1 egg beaten (for brushing)
300g gluten free flour
5g of preferred herbs / spices (I use Italian herbs and cinnamon)
• Mix flour, wheatgerm, tuna, olive oil, half of egg mixture, herbs and spices well.
• Then add water bit by bit and knead till it becomes a firm dough
• Flatten dough (until approximately 1.5 cm high) on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes.
• Place cut out cookies on a greased baking pan.
• Brush with egg mixture
• Bake in 160C oven for 20 minutes or until firm.
• Let it cool and harden for about an hour before storing in bottles.
## If you're using meat, boil the meat to make the broth. Then separate meat from broth. Once the chicken is cool, tear it into slices.
## Gluten free flour is a bit harder to roll out. So use regular white flour if you need to.
The above keeps in the fridge for up to 4 weeks and a week in room temperature.